Policy Effective Date: December 10, 2019
What personal information do we collect?
Personal information means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. We may collect:
- Technical Information, which may include your internet protocol (IP) address, login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform on the devices you use to access this website.
- Usage Information, namely, information about how you use our website including, but not limited to, how long you spend on it and which pages you visit.
In addition, when you choose to create an account with Recap, we will collect, use, store and/or transfer different kinds of information about you, such as:
- Identity Information, including your first name, last name, username or similar identifier, title, date of birth, gender, marital status, and spouse’s name.
- Contact Information, including your mailing address, email address and telephone numbers.
- Financial Information, including information regarding income.
- Profile Information, including your username and password, and account preferences.
We are required by law to collect this information to provide you with financial services. If you do not wish to provide this information, you cannot become a Recap client.
How do we use your personal information?
We will only use your personal information via this website in accordance with applicable law. Most commonly, we use your personal information in the following circumstances:
- Where we need to perform services related to your account(s).
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
You may receive marketing communications from us if you have requested information from us and you have not opted out of receiving that marketing.
You can ask us to stop sending you marketing communications at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org at any time.
Cookies and Pixels
Cookies are small pieces of data that are stored on your computer, mobile phone or any other device used to access the internet. Pixels are small code blocks on a website that allow for another server to measure viewing of a webpage and often are used in connection with cookies.
We use these technologies to customize Recap and improve your experience with the site. Cookies store anonymous information, such as whether you viewed the site from your mobile device. We may store some personal information in a cookie and/or pixel, such as the site that you visited immediately prior to visiting Recap.
Cookies, pixels, and similar technologies are not required for site functionality. You are not required to accept any cookies or pixels to use this site. However, refusing to accept cookies or pixels will make the use of the Recap website more cumbersome and less accessible.
How do we share your personal information?
We do not sell, rent, or trade your personal information with any third parties other than with your consent or as required by law.
In order to provide financial services and in connection with our everyday business purposes and activities, we may share your personal information with third parties who perform services on our behalf. We provide some of your data (including your personal information) to those third-party service providers, on a need to know basis. Those service providers are required under contract with us to safeguard your information. Except where expressly set forth in this policy, our third-party service providers may only use your data to provide services to us or to improve their services.
We may disclose your personal information to the extent necessary to respond to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal processes in response to a request for cooperation from law enforcement or another government agency, in order to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations. We may also disclose your personal information to third parties such as law enforcement if we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss, or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity.
Our services are not directed at individuals under the age of 18. We do not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 18. If we become aware that a child under 18 has provided us personal information, we will delete such information from our files.